Mountain Plains Adult Education Association has awarded the 2015 MPAEA Award of Merit to Dr. Robert (Bob) Henry. Dr. Henry is the Director of Adult Education for the Clark County School District and President of Nevada Adult Educators. The award is to honor one individual who has made an outstanding contribution towards furthering the concept of adult education as a process continuing throughout life. This award is the highest award given by MPAEA. Only one recipient is selected each year. Nevada Adult Educators is led by an extremely professional and respected adult educator. NAE is so fortunate to have his leadership and wisdom. Big congratulations to Dr. Henry!
Mountain Plains Adult Education Association is offering a wonderful scholarship opportunity for its members to attend the upcoming Commission On Adult Basic Education, Mountain Plains Adult Education Association, and Colorado Adult Professional Education Association’s Annual Conference, April 21-24, 2015, in Denver, Colorado.
This one-time stipend of $200.00 will be used to help defray the cost of attending the annual MPAEA conference.
Hurry! Applications due by March 12, 2015. Go to www.mpaea.org for additional information and an application.
Develop an advocacy campaign for this year. Calendar times when you and your students will reach out to legislators. States with strong local advocacy programs generally plan on making at least six contacts with their state legislators throughout the year. It is best when 80% of those contacts come from students.
Some things you might choose to do:
- Invite legislators to talk to students
- Have students send notes of congratulations.
- Have all program students write a letter to the Governor about why they need adult education and how it is helping them transition to postsecondary and /or employment.
- Have students write the invitation inviting them to sit in on some classes.
- Provide an opportunity for some students to share their stories about why access to adult education is so important to them.
- Have students who have been studying citizenship or US history write to express what they value about our democratic society and invite the candidate to talk about that.
Download the Classroom-Civics-Activity-Advocacy package (PDF)
Included in this package are:
- A) Website resource for students to find out which district they live in and who their Nevada representatives are.
- B) Letter writing campaign template
Nevada Adult Educators is offering a wonderful scholarship opportunity for its members to attend the upcoming COABE 2015 Conference, April 21-24, 2015, in Denver, Colorado.
This one-time scholarship will be used to pay the early COABE member registration fee of $375.00.
(Members of Nevada Adult Educators are also members of COABE through our large group membership program.)
Hurry! Applications due by January 31, 2015. ALL SCHOLARSHIPS HAVE BEEN AWARDED
Scholarship recipients will be reimbursed for the COABE member early registration fee of $375.00 upon receipt of completed conference report that will be due May 30, 2015. See details below.
To apply, click here to complete the online application. ALL SCHOLARSHIPS HAVE BEEN AWARDED
Be sure to apply before the application deadline of January 31, 2015. There is a limited amount of funding, so get your application in early!
You MUST be a member of Nevada Adult Educators to apply. Click here to join if you are not already a member.
Not sure if you are a current member? Use our contact form to ask.
Nevada Adult Educators Annual dues are just $35.00 per year. Click here for dues payment options.
Complete and submit the scholarship application by January 31, 2015. This scholarship is being offered on a first-come first-served basis. Note: Scholarship recipients must complete a one to two page report on the conference activity, which must be submitted to the scholarship committee chair listed in your award letter by May 30, 2015. Scholarship recipients will be notified via e-mail within 10 days from the date of submission of scholarship application.
The Commision on Adult Basic Education (COABE) in collaboration with Mountain Plains Adult Education (MPAEA) , Colorado Adult Education Professional Association (CAEPA) , and other leading adult education associations will be holding their annual 2015 conference in Denver, Colorado , April 21-24.
Demystify the College and Career Readiness Standards (CCRS)!
On Friday, October 3, Nevada Adult Education and Nevada Adult Educators Present an informational webinar that presents a brief overview of:
- What the CCRS are and what they are not
- Why we need them
- Major shifts in instruction
- How the CCRS affect the Adult Ed HS Programs
- Integrated instruction of English Language Arts, Mathematics, Science and Technology
- Applicability of the CCRS to all levels of English Language Learners
- A key ingredient for Career Pathways
This webinar will begin promptly at 2:00 p.m. (PDT) and end at 3:00 p.m.
Claudia Bianca, Nevada’s Adult Basic Education Professional Development Manager, will host and moderate this event.
You must register for this webinar. https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/728141281
The Utah Association for Adult, Community, and Continuing Education will be holding their 2014 conference on October 23 and 24 at Dixie State University in St. George, Utah.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.