Nevada Adult Educators Professional Learning Day
October 5th and 6th 2012
Siena Hotel Spa Casino
The Nevada Adult Educators Professional Learning Day is an opportunity to network and meet with fellow colleagues. A variety of speakers will provide vital material including:
- Debi Faucette, Senior Director of GED Testing Services will supply information regarding the new test series and computer based testing.
- The Nevada Department of Education will present on the changing paradigm of adult education.
- Dr. Richard Meier, F.C.O.V.D., from Meier Eye & Vision in Reno will provide solutions to working with vision impaired students.
- Susan Valencia, Director of the Intensive English Language Center in the University of Nevada, Reno will discuss transitioning ESL students.
- Greg Smith Executive Director of Florida’s Adult and Family Literacy Resource Center will present Health Literacy Curriculum & How a Health Literacy Component Benefits ABE, ESL and GED students.
Earn Credit Toward In-Service Teacher Recertification:
Participation in the workshop and completion of the follow-up activity by the specified deadline
entitles participant to 0.5 credit toward in-service teacher recertification. Contact Kathy Jameson at (775) 575-3409 for more information.
Dates and Times:
Friday Night, October 5th – Join us for a Meet and Greet – 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Saturday, October 6th – PD Learning Day Conference – 8:00 AM – 4:45 PM
Early Bird – before September 15th: NAE Members $25 Non NAE Members $65
Regular – After September 15th: NAE members $40 Non NAE Members $80
Click Here for Payment Options (PayPal or Mail-in)
(NAE membership dues are $35 annually – Click Here to Join Nevada Adult Educators!)
One South Lake Street
Reno, Nevada 89501
Rooms Held – Must book by September 15
for conference rate of $79 (plus taxes, fees)
Free Airport Shuttle